There was a tiger that lived in Australia and Tasmania. But it was not like the tigers you're familiar with.
It was the size of a wolf, striped; very rare and very special. How special?
- It was the largest meat-eating animal in Australia and Tasmania
- It had a pouch like a kangaroo, which means it was a marsupial.
- Both the female AND the male had pouches
- Its tail was heavy and thick, like a kangaroo tail
- It could open its jaws twice as wide as any wolf or dog could... a full 120 degrees wide!
Here it is: the Tasmanian Tiger